Responsible in assisting experienced Glaziers by helping fabricate and install windows and doors, keep a clean work area, as well as any general labor duties that the position requires.
- Listen carefully to and follow directions to safely assist current lead.
- Must have the ability to safely use hand and power tools and other equipment.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Maintain a work area free of trip and fall hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned which require similar knowledge, skills and abilities.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Be an ambassador of TC Glass.
• Report to work on time each scheduled day, normally 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday and maintain regular attendance.
• Make decisions and solve problems.
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
• Safely perform work duties using equipment provided.
• Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety.
• Report to work with proper hygiene and appearance suitable for interacting with the public and with appropriate boots, gloves and required tools.
• Listen carefully to Project Managers and owners and execute as directed.
• Be courteous and treat TC Glass employees, customers and the public with respect, regardless of the situation.
• Clearly communicate questions and/or concerns to supervisors when they arise.
• Maintain appropriate communications with supervisors and co-workers.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Licenses/Certifications):
• High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
• Driver’s license preferred
• This position is subject to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and other Drug and Alcohol testing pursuant to the Drug and Alcohol Policy
Technology Used: About Time to accurately record hours worked.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift, push or pull or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in various environments.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must travel and drive in all types of Montana weather
REQUIRED EMPLOYEE TOOLS AND CLOTHING
• Laborer is required to provide their own: Tape Measure
• All employees receive various forms of TC Glass Brand Clothing at different times throughout the year. It is not mandatory to wear this clothing but is strongly encouraged.
• Required for all employees: appropriate hygiene & clean clothing, outside clothing appropriate for weather Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed. Any inappropriate clothing or unsafe clothing will be not allowed.
• Employees are responsible for all their own winter weather clothing including Coat, Overalls, Hat & Gloves.
• All Safety Equipment is provided except for steel toe boots (if needed on a job basis).