The Glazing Superintendent is in charge of crew management and job site production. This position works directly with clients, crews and company management. The successful candidate will excel in a fast paced environment managing multiple contracts and employees with the duties and responsibilities listed below:
• Maintain a safe onsite work environment and uphold safety rules and regulations
• Work hands on with crew installing material and managing one on one to develop and grow the team.
• 95% of time will be spent on job sites.
• Will be expected to manage all onsite operations/installations and employees for a successful and profitable contract at multiple jobsites concurrently.
• Teach/guide Laborers, Installers, and Glaziers on proper methods of TC Glass’s quality installations.
• Accurately schedule Installation projects for yourself and others to meet deadlines; knowledge of necessary manpower for the project is essential.
• Manage employees on jobsites – provide direction to perform their duties correctly and to the highest quality; lead employees and hold them accountable for their actions.
• Obtain information from General Contractors, clients and co-workers.
• Successfully handle on-site issues, make decisions, solve problems, and create solutions.
• Create good morale on job sites with crews.
• Procurement and delivery of fabricated materials and supplies in alignment with manpower.
• Ability to do layout, measure, create order sheets and relay field measurements clearly.
• Provide constructive feedback/documentation to improve and evolve fabrication processes.
• Responsible for handling commercial projects from start to end of project, including superior client interaction.
• Expected to do all on-site paperwork, keep accurate records, TC Hand Tickets and handle time off requests. Use computer programs required to process project paperwork.
• Maintain Quality Control for the Commercial Department.
• Will be responsible for real-time tracking of available labor hours on your projects. Will need to manage, communicate, and optimize available hours to have successful projects.
• Need to provide a 2 week look ahead to Project Managers to help accurately forecast.
• Ensure all product under your care is installed plumb level and square, according to Engineering.
• Must have the ability to safely use hand and power tools and other equipment.
• Arrive first to jobsite daily, open job trailer, schedule crew’s activities prior to start of work day and prepare for the day.
• Track inventory used and job costs.
• Perform Stretch & Bends daily with explanation of daily goals.
• Attend and/or direct weekly safety meetings.
• Travel as needed.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Other tasks may be required as the position requires.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Be an ambassador of TC Glass
• Report to work on time each scheduled day, normally 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday and maintain regular attendance.
• Make decisions and solve problems
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships
• Maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Safely perform work duties using equipment provided.
• Meet company goals.
• Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety.
• Report to work with proper hygiene and appearance suitable for interacting with the public and with appropriate boots, gloves and required tools.
• Listen carefully to Project Managers and owners and execute as directed.
• Be courteous and treat TC Glass employees, customers and the public with respect, regardless of the situation.
• Clearly communicate questions and/or concerns to supervisors when they arise.
• Maintain clean work area, vehicle, and personal appearance.
• Maintain work area free of trip and fall hazards.
• Maintain appropriate communications with supervisors and co-workers.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Licenses/Certifications):
• Able to perform all duties of experienced Commercial Glazier
• This position is subject to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and other Drug and Alcohol testing pursuant to the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
• HS Diploma or GED
Technology Used: About Time to accurately record hours worked. Outlook Email, smartphone, tool software
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift, push or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in various environments.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must travel and drive in all types of Montana weather.
Required Employee Tools And Clothing
• Glazing Superintendent is required to provide their own hand tools – see Required Tool List.
• It is mandatory to wear the TC Glass branded clothing that is provided.
• Required for all employees: appropriate hygiene & clean clothing, outside clothing appropriate for weather-Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed. Any inappropriate clothing or unsafe clothing will not be allowed.
• Employees are responsible for all their own winter weather clothing including Coat, Overalls, Hat & Gloves.
• All Safety Equipment is provided except for steel toe boots (if needed on a job basis).