Projects may include: commercial glazing, curtain wall and store front fabrication & installation, door fabrication, door hardware installation, door and frame installation, aluminum sheet fabrication and installation, sealant installation, residential glazing and repair, shower door and mirror installation.
• Correctly fabricate and install storefront, curtain wall, windows, doors, hardware, etc as per bid.
• Must measure accurately and have the ability to read and understand shop drawings.
• Track accurately the inventory items used and fill out Hand Tickets for job costing.
• Must have the ability to safely use hand and power tools and other equipment.
• Takes direction and communicates effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
• Perform stretch and bends daily, with an explanation of goals.
• Travel to out of town locations as needed.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned which require similar knowledge, skills and abilities.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Be an ambassador of TC Glass.
• Report to work on time each scheduled day, normally 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday and maintain regular attendance.
• Make decisions and solve problems.
• Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Safely perform work duties using equipment provided.
• Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety.
• Report to work with proper hygiene and appearance suitable for interacting with the public and with appropriate boots, gloves and required tools.
• Be courteous and treat TC Glass employees, customers and the public with respect, regardless of the situation.
• Clearly communicate questions and/or concerns to supervisors when they arise.
• Maintain clean work area, vehicle, and personal appearance.
• Maintain work area free of trip and fall hazards.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Licenses/Certifications):
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the construction industry required.
• A valid driver’s license.
• This position is subject to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident and other Drug and Alcohol testing pursuant to the Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Technology Used: About Time to accurately record hours worked.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
• The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift, push or pull or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in various environments.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must travel and drive in all types of Montana weather
Required Employee Tools And Clothing
• Glazier is required to provide their own hand tools – see Required Tool List for details.
• All employees receive various forms of TC Glass Brand Clothing at different times throughout the year. It is not mandatory to wear this clothing but is strongly encouraged.
• Required for all employees: Appropriate Hygiene & Clean Clothing, Outside clothing appropriate for weather Summer, Winter, Spring and Fall. Shorts and sleeveless shirts are not allowed. Any inappropriate clothing or unsafe clothing will be not allowed.
• Employees are responsible for all their own Winter weather clothing including Coat, Overalls, Hat & Gloves.
• All Safety Equipment is provided except for steel toe boots (if needed on a job basis).